Liveaboard advice for Bangkok travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwex

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm on business travel to Bangkok mid April, and looking for a good option for a liveaboard dive trip long weekend (fx Thursday to Sunday).

Any recommendations on the best liveaboard experience for this? Price level not a problem.

My diving level: PADI Rescue, EANx, 250+ dives, but now only yearly vacation diving.

For the best diving you'd have to fly to Phuket and take a liveaboard from there (or most likely Khao Lak, but that is the same airport). If you're flying again on Sunday your options will be limited, if you can still dive on Sunday you'll have much more options. Also, when on Thursday are you flying in?
Would taking a nightbus to Bangkok on Sunday after diving be an option?

You would have to go to Khao Lak, which mean you'll have to catch a flight from BKK in the morning or around noon. Most liveaoards leaving Khao Lak/Thap Lamu between 18 - 21. My suggestion will be a 3 days/3 nights trip to Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock. You'll get 10 dives at some of the best dive sites in Thailand. Don't forget the flying after diving rule when planning your trip. You can try out Khao Lak Scuba Adventure. If you need any help with this just send me a PM.

Michael

Thanks for this info, seems I have to see if I can stay a bit longer. The 3 day Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock sounds great. How is availability on these trips, do they need to be booked a good time in advance?

Thanks for this info, seems I have to see if I can stay a bit longer. The 3 day Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock sounds great. How is availability on these trips, do they need to be booked a good time in advance?
No, this will in general be available till a few days in advance, and 3 days/2 nights trip (so departure early morning) even the day before. These latter trips though have a bit different itinerary and will also visit Similans.

---------- Post added March 29th, 2015 at 10:26 AM ----------

To add, just a few minutes ago I received a last minute offer for a 3-day trip with departure on Wednesday, so 3 days in advance. An offer like that would save you a few thousand Baht.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom