TG-3....just in case you are considering one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
TG-3 pics from a Bonaire newbie are on Bonaire web page. I was very pleased with the camera and ease of operation. I would suggest an extra battery- mine went dead after 4 dives, in fact it died before my strobe. All shot were taken in the underwater mode with no manual adjustment. Pro quality? No but for my diving style and wants I was thrilled. Next trip Little Cayman and hope to put these to shame. Took almost 1000 pics and ones listed are some of my favorites. Would post more but max'd out number Scubaboard would host. Thanks Bill

Glad you posted. I've been watching the UW cameras evolve in hopes one would eventually be 'the one.' Of the current generation, seems like from reviews it's about the best. Or close. Wonder what the TG4 will be like?

I dive an old Canon G10 with Canon UW housing. I wonder sometimes if UW mode snap shots would be better or worse with the TG3. Too cheap to find out the hard way...:wink:!

Richard.

Glad you posted. I've been watching the UW cameras evolve in hopes one would eventually be 'the one.' Of the current generation, seems like from reviews it's about the best. Or close. Wonder what the TG4 will be like?

I dive an old Canon G10 with Canon UW housing. I wonder sometimes if UW mode snap shots would be better or worse with the TG3. Too cheap to find out the hard way...:wink:!

Richard.

Been researching the TG-4 and from what I can gather, the main difference is the 4 will do RAW. Which is a HUGE plus for me.

Jim

It will also have "Underwater HDR" mode, but how that's supposed to work with multiple exposures, I'm not sure.
We are expecting them in a week or so now, and will have a demo at this weekend's Long Beach Scuba Show, booth 403-405.

Jack

Technology moves fast. TG3 is good enough for me for the time being!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom