Destin Jetties 2-24-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sa 23 High 12:11 AM 0.2 6:19 AM Set 7:31 AM 96
23 Low 6:14 AM 0.1 5:40 PM Rise 8:20 PM
23 High 12:32 PM 0.2
23 Low 8:00 PM 0.0

Su 24 High 12:25 PM 0.3 6:18 AM Set 7:58 AM 92
24 Low 9:30 PM -0.0 5:41 PM Rise 9:16 PM

There isn't a huge tidal change, which is unfortunate, but we should be pretty good as long as we hit the water at high slack regardless. Atleast better than weekend before last's debauchery. Bwaha! :D We can have a meet time at 11:30AM do a tank and check on the shell bed, then eat a late lunch somewhere?

Anyone interested? The air temps have been quite cool lately, so the walk out feels much easier than in the deadheat of summer.

I am in Los Angeles. I get home Friday, go shooting on Saturday, pack for my Luraville trip on Sunday, but then head back to Canada on Monday. If I am lucky and my plane is on time coming home, I get home Friday in the early morning hopefully before 1am. After some necessary sleep, I then face an 8-hour drive to Luraville, and start 8 days of training and diving there on March 1st. I am going to have to pass until I come back home after the week of the 10th. But I look forward to better tidal reports next time. :)

Is there somewhere nearby to burn a 2nd tank? might be a good day for a Cypress trip...

Is there somewhere nearby to burn a 2nd tank? might be a good day for a Cypress trip...

I'm just not in the mood to work to get to Cypress, but I'll ride :)

Can always hit Navarre Pier on the way back from Destin Jetties. The pier isn't tide dependant, so it can be hit at any time. I just want to go check out the shell bed and see how much has uncovered - at only 42' two weekends ago and sand dollars were everywhere. Hoping more of the same, and getting the 2nd anchor back, near the point!

I'm up for bringing/providing a boat for a spring dive, or I can do Navarre too, as I have not been there before. You pick!!! :)

If you bring a boat for Cypress, I'm bringing doubles.

If we are beach diving, I'm not positive I'm gonna do a second dive???

I see tides for the 23rd and 24th. Are you trying to decide between the two days or have you settled on the 24th? Like you Mat, I want to check out the shell bed and the anchor. I will keep an eye on things and see what everyone decides....but count me in.

Sa 23 High 12:11 AM 0.2 6:19 AM Set 7:31 AM 96
23 Low 6:14 AM 0.1 5:40 PM Rise 8:20 PM
23 High 12:32 PM 0.2
23 Low 8:00 PM 0.0

Su 24 High 12:25 PM 0.3 6:18 AM Set 7:58 AM 92
24 Low 9:30 PM -0.0 5:41 PM Rise 9:16 PM

There isn't a huge tidal change, which is unfortunate, but we should be pretty good as long as we hit the water at high slack regardless. Atleast better than weekend before last's debauchery. Bwaha! :D We can have a meet time at 11:30AM do a tank and check on the shell bed, then eat a late lunch somewhere?

Anyone interested? The air temps have been quite cool lately, so the walk out feels much easier than in the deadheat of summer.

You pick!!! :)

Destin Jetties would be my choice actually.

I'm really interested in the shell bed, and I'm trying to stick a little closer to home this weekend as I've been driving to the springs every weekend now for several weeks in a row.

I see tides for the 23rd and 24th. Are you trying to decide between the two days or have you settled on the 24th? Like you Mat, I want to check out the shell bed and the anchor. I will keep an eye on things and see what everyone decides....but count me in.

Glen, I honestly think the 24th would be the better of the two days, with a slightly(ever so) greater tidal exchange.

I told a buddy I'd help him set up some new gear on Saturday since the tides looked more favorable on Sunday.

Bugman, how about Destin and Navarre on the way back. Just trying to get in two tanks that day, makes the trip a little more worthwhile :)

edit: if you don't want to do two beach dives, I can definitely bring the boat... just want to get a 2nd dive in somewhere else, no preference really.

We could also try our luck at finding the boat ramp at Morrisons.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom