Oly 5050, PT-015, YS-90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this board and was wondering if there is anyone that can lend some advice. I'm in the market to buy the Olympus 5050, PT-015 housing, and Sea & Sea's YS-90 auto strobe.

First, what do you think of this combination?

Second, I live in Canada and will probably have to order the housing and strobe internationally. Are there any sites that I should look into for the best deal? Furthermore, if you live in Canada and have ordered either of these items (or something comparable) please let me know how much the duty was.

Third, I'm rather new in the world of underwater photography. Besides these main components, what else do I need to buy?

Thanks for your time,
Andrew :doctor:

buff.butler once bubbled...
Hi I'm new to this board and was wondering if there is anyone that can lend some advice. I'm in the market to buy the Olympus 5050, PT-015 housing, and Sea & Sea's YS-90 auto strobe.

First, what do you think of this combination?

Second, I live in Canada and will probably have to order the housing and strobe internationally. Are there any sites that I should look into for the best deal? Furthermore, if you live in Canada and have ordered either of these items (or something comparable) please let me know how much the duty was.

Third, I'm rather new in the world of underwater photography. Besides these main components, what else do I need to buy?

Thanks for your time,
Andrew :doctor:

1) You've chosen an excellent combination. If you'll read through this forum or do a search through it, you find lots of threads concerning these very items.
2) I can highly recommend Underwater Digital for the PT-10 and YS-90DX. That's where I got mine. I have no idea about Canadian duties.
3) You're going to need a strobe arm and tray. I use a Fish Eye tray/arm which can also be purchased from Underwater Digital. There are alot of different tray/arm choices out there. UltraLite, Inon, Light and Motion, for example. I'm sorry I don't have the links handy but someone will be along shortly who does!

hi buff butler,

I actually just finished putting a package for the Olympus PT-015 housing using the INON D-180 Auto strobe.

pt15setup%20b%20big.jpg

This package consist of the items listed below.

Olympus Camedia PT-015 housing
Fish Eye's new support tray with adapter plate & loc line
Zillion FP joint to give more flexibility on the top part
INON D-180 w/ INON D2 fiber optic mounting kit
Olympus PCU-01 macro lens

Note: You can also use the YS90DX along with the fiber optic cable kit as an alternate for the INON D-180

Hope this hepls...

Back
Top Bottom