What is an "anti ghost sticker"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got my inon UCL165m67 macro lense in the mail today and it came with two of the "anti ghost stickers" what are those used for?

also, the pamphlet mentions using grease on the threads after use. Can I use the ikelite grease that I use on the o-rings?

Pure silicone grease.

The ghost stickers prevent the silver reflective beauty rings or "Canon Lens - f2.0" from showing up as reflections from the port glass.

I often just color the front of the lens barrel with Sharpie permanent marker and I have painted them with flat black paint also. Here my 570 has a "ghost sticker" on the lens barrel face and the beauty ring is painted flat black and the chrome beauty ring is painted with Sharpie--why---I could see it in my photos. All of these reflections decrease contrast as well.

DSCF0007.jpg

I bought my cameras for underwater duty, I have XXX for surface duty.

N

ghosting in photography is when you have a filter in front of the lens, it can pickup a reflection of an object not in the field of view. And ruin your shot. To avoid this, people use mulitcoated filter to less that chance, so the sticker does the same thing for macro lens. You add it on to prevent reflected ghosting from happening.

thanks gus, I have not had that problem in the past, but I might as well use them - not gonna hurt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom