Julian Rocks, Byron Bay, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KeithM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We had some great diving at Julian Rocks last weekend and I put together my first video using a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera. The water temperature Saturday was 18°C and on Sunday it had gone up to 24°C due to a change in currents from Southerly to Northerly. The warm current brought the first Manta ray I have seen albeit a little distant!

http://vimeo.com/8247277

You know, Julian Rocks was the first big exotic dive adventure I had, back when I had about 40 dives. I've often wondered if I would be as "wowed" by it now as I was then . . . your video tells me that yes, I would be. We must go back.

I'm lucky enough to live close enough to Byron Bay to dive there regularly. Even when conditions are less favourable it is always fun to dive there. When the water clears up and the currents run it is a superb dive site.

If you do revisit let me know, I'll try and meet up with you for a dive.

Back
Top Bottom