First Sony RX100 Mark II Diving Video from Barbados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video - great colours.
I read this on your blog: "I shoot with a red filter with Auto white balance on until approximately 25/27 meters..." Now that is really amazing! In all my messing around with WB, I've never once tried AWB, but I'm definitely going to give it a go. It's kind of counter-intuitive, but I've seen other excellent results with AWB.
Cheers,
Matt

Nice video - great colours.
I read this on your blog: "I shoot with a red filter with Auto white balance on until approximately 25/27 meters..." Now that is really amazing! In all my messing around with WB, I've never once tried AWB, but I'm definitely going to give it a go. It's kind of counter-intuitive, but I've seen other excellent results with AWB.
Cheers,
Matt

I had to resort to awb as the custom white balance fails pretty much 100% and gives a magenta tinge! I looked and compared and the filter plus awb gives the best results for me
From what I can see even at 25 meters the rx100 mark II is still at ISO 640/800 after that I take it off and use colour temperature with magenta and amber tones at max

Nice - I just bought mine and have some great photos from the Bahamas. I need to try the video next time.

More info please. So how does this stack up with the other systems you have used. Is this the "new" standard? Or just an incremental bump? Ease of use?
Thanks.

Do you happen to have the Sony stick-on AG-R1 grip? The RX body is very slippery. The grip is great, but I'm sure it'll have to be removed for any underwater housing. There's a company that makes base grips (screw into the tripod hole), but they only made one for the Mark I, and it blocks the battery/SD door.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom