Muck diving at Mukilteo Wa video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a video short of diving in Washington State at a popular dive site called Mukilteo. Its different. Cold, dirty, but some interesting stuff to look at. Enjoy!

[youtubehq]UzZQDa1F9Vc[/youtubehq]

Awesome video...thanks !

Thanks for the shares! I hope to dive around Whidbey in the not to distant future!

What a great project. How many hours of footage did you shoot to get all those great shots? Would you like to share some of the process involved in putting it together?

Wow Mike!!! That GPO was awesome!!! You definitely put Mukilteo on my list to go check out this winter. With my dry suit of course! :D

What a great project. How many hours of footage did you shoot to get all those great shots? Would you like to share some of the process involved in putting it together?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

The underwater shots were taking mostly with a older SonyHC9 in a gates housing, wide angle and close up diopter setups, with various video lights. Also some GoPro underwater in UHD4k was shot using a Deepprosystems.com domed GoPro housing. Video was from about 5-6 random shore dives over 2 years to gather the video I also use a custom built tripod underwater for some of the locked down macro shots. I made a custom mount for mounting the stock gopro on the tank for a over shoulder POV shot. I also spend two afternoons filiming the topside ferry stuff with a Blackmagic Pocket cinema camera using vintage 35mm Nikkor lenses. Audio underwater of the Ferry sounds was using a hydrophone dropped into the water from a pier, attached topside to a Zoom recorder. Also we recorded the diver breathing / bubbles sounds on a separate dive with a diver underwater blowing bubbles into the hydrophone.

To put together.. it just took lots of time in the evenings on the computer. I do a rough edit in Avid Media composer. Then I color graded video using Davinci Resolve Lite (free version) and final edit and sound mixing using Media Composer but any program will do. Mixed it all together and lots of fine tuning in editing.

Look for more of my videos at Michael Meagher - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom