Juvi Shrimp, chillin' on a fan
Dug up from an old archive, one of my favorites from an Agressor Fleet liveaboard trip to Belize. Interesting that the mate told stories of the locals' dislike for Cousteau due to their account of the "True Story" surrounding his shot of his ship that place and how it got there (via dynamite incursion to surrounding reef). Indeed there was clearly an unnatural channel made in what was otherwise a complete ring surrounding the hole. Those things were caused by fascinating natural phenomena and apparently went roughly 400+ ft down. They irked me no end by obliging all to a 130 ft dive with 5m time at depth. ARGH. How rude. I mean, I've had deco stops for longer time at deeper depths! Ok, I get it, we were diving air and such, but geez, guys, I had a 'puter and a nice air bottle would have lasted me well down to 150 or so, particularly with another hung on the granny line for deco. I would have kept it down to a couple hours elapsed, honest!

But seriously. I know. Anyway I am going to make a photo archive somehow to make the "tall, grande, vente" versions of this thing. Assuming I can figure out how, of course. I love it, the clear carapace showing organs, the works. He was just hanging out on a sea fan, enjoying the anonymity of night feeding. At least until I ruined his night vision and called attention to him. I did hang out for a bit after turning out all the lights to be sure no opportunistic fishes weren't hanging just out of sight to swoop in for a quick snack.

larger images (more depth) on facebook archive.

..fsa
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Critters I love
Added by
fsa
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings