Valhalla Missile Silo - Anybody interested ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robrob

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

just moved back to the Big D area and am interested in diving Valhalla. Called 'em but they only do trips of 12 or more...

Anybody have an interest...not sure of time frame but thought I would check the wind and see who has an interest.

Thanks
Rob

We are running a trip November 19 through our shop. PM for details

How far of a drive is it from Houston?

colt:
How far of a drive is it from Houston?

A quess would be about 350-400 miles.

IslandHopper:
I'm game ... couldn't locate a site that mentions the water temp there .... anyone know ?

Last year it was 52 degrees. :chicken:
I am still cold from that dive-burrrrr.

Si has done that trip a few times and they are Pro's at getting it setup and running. From memory the dive was 110ft for long enough to be COLD... feeling Narc'd between the cold, dark, and the round walls. Having a good computer helps- gives you something to focus on; and provides the mission cirital data of your depth. Taking your time is key and having a fun and relaxed dive. HID lights do well here- but alot of the lights intensity are absorbed by the round walls. Backup lights, and tank markers are really a must.

If I was doing it again- it would be with Debra's group.

yeah it's cold ...but it's so "cool"! LOL ha HA AH I crack myself up!!!!!!!

tx.lakerats:
drysuit I'm guessing...

The last dip I had there water temp in upper 50's.....7mil wetsuit or semi-dry will work fine.

I'm interested. I'd be driving from Houston. Four hundred miles is quite a drive but this is a unique dive that just can't be passed up. I'll see if I can get some more buddies to go along.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom