• so so school

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • indifferent

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • dont go.. they suck

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know the first thing about this place but as soon as I saw the name Hall's diving institute in the title I was thinking expensive.

$18,000 for an ITC seems absolutely INSANE! For 18K you could get an instructors rating and work voluntarily in South East Asia getting far more experience than a 12 week course as well as travel and experience other cultures for about, well... 3 YEARS!!!!! Literarly 3 years!

If you only want 12 weeks then you could live in absolute luxury for those 12 weeks!

newtodive:
Dennis,

Did you go to Halls eventually?

No, I didn't go to Halls. I completed my ITC locally in the waters where I've been diving for some years and now teach in those same waters.

On a footnote, my daughter's mother struggled through a year at Halls, I'm not sure as to why, but she did finally complete the program although she is not teaching. She went here way, I went mine. She decided to take up residence in Marathon, not far from Halls. I guess diving in that warm water with all that great viz made her decide to remain there. She's still saddled up with those payments for her ITC at halls while not working in the industry which is dissapointing. That's a hell of a monthly payment for 15 years to elect to not teach or even work in the industry. Go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom