BC HOSE RIPS OFF---No Positive Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm.. 14 lbs without a wetsuit is way more than "overweighted." This is more weight than I carry with a 7mm suit, and I'm 175 lbs. Poaching ain't cool either. Lets hope this is a troll.

scubadobadoo:
Possible troll here? In another thread on the topic of fins, he mentions a wierd problem with his ankles that nobody but him can explain. His profile does make sense though. The FSU scuba program is as he describes it.

probably right. Do you think he'd still be alive if he always dove that way? :11doh:

Well after being ripped into by you guys I realize the magnitude of my error. First, I am not trolling, just trying to be honest and gain some perspective about diving. Admitting you are wrong and fixing the problem is how people learn. I was within lobster season although that does not justify my actions. I AM SORRY! My certification at FSU was for three credit hours because it is an academic course(pen1136), with 2 hours of class time on Mondays and two hours in the pool per week. I am not an experienced diver, just doing what I can when I can afford to. I just got a weight integrated BC and am getting used to that. I am not a middle aged man who has been diving my whole life with tons of experience....so give me break will ya? I thank you for YOUR honesty, and trust me, I am not a horrible person when it comes to taking home the fruit of the sea. I have thrown back MANY a grouper that were an inch too small to keep so that they can make more grouper for all of us to enjoy....

FSU John,
Dude, I'd love to go diving with you to give you some pointers but I live way too far away. Keep asking questions here at Scubaboard will help. Get more dives in.

Fair enough..... I think you now understand many diver's thoughts on poaching and other thoughtless behavior in regards to the environment. Now if you can learn from this maybe we SB's can help you become a safer, better diver with just a little more respect for the ocean.

FSU John:
with my equipment which was a hand me down from a different uncle. Well back then i was pretty over weighted(14lbs) no wet suit and i weight about 160lbs.

When was this hand me down equipment last serviced?

20 dives is not much to be confident in all situations :wink:

Having problems getting down is to a large extend a question of technique and experience - not only adding weights. And now you know why!

FSU John:
I am not a middle aged man who has been diving my whole life with tons of experience....so give me break will ya?
LOL! You left out, fat. :D

When I was your age, it was legal to take all the game until it was gone. So then we passed poaching laws so that you can't have any. Nice, uh?eyebrow

As a instructor I really can not understand that situation.
Number 1: You do not inflate your BCD during ascent, You deflate it so your BCD do not bring you ap too fast.You suppose to swim up not use Your BCD as a lifting bag!!!
Nunmber 2: If you have to inflate your BCD and you can not use your inflater buttom, You allways can orally inflate it.

PADI Open water course include those skills.

Greetings
PADI Master Instructor with 5000+ dives

If you bought a scooter, it would solve 2 of your problems. 1. You woudln't need to tow anyone, and 2. You could just scooter to the surface... <G>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom