What Regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Bring firearms if you have them. There's nothing else to do during the surface interval :wink:

I love gun people!

---
Ken

So let me get this straight, you dive a quarry, then blast ammo during your surface interval. I love it. It would be a great place for my daughter to learn to dive, she would fit right in with the shooters.

Dive Rites on back (very similar 1st stage design to the Apeks), an Atomic M1 for stage. The Atomic definitely breathes nicer than my Dive Rites, and it has a really dry exhaust valve; I get terrible dry mouth with it.

My next reg purchase will probably be another Atomic for my back, and I'll change one of my Dive Rites into a stage reg.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Apeks first stages have a non-standard LP port? That's the only thing I know of that can be considered a con for them.

All of mine are SP Mk10/G250's.

I've got a pair of DS4's on my backgas with an ATX50 and 40. Got a DR for my deco but I'm selling it to a friend and replacing it with a pair of Salvos (UPS is on its way). I loved the DR (except for the mouthpeice) but I just didn't want 3 brands of regs.

Edit: whoops, wreck diving forum... well I guess even a cave diver can tell you what kind of reg he has.

Just ordered one Apeks ATX 200 and two ATX 100's. WAY below retail...

I actually prefer my Atomic regs. I am currently diving a pair of B2's. Before that I used my Mark 16/390 and they were fine. The ease of breathing on the Atomics is greater....but as long as your breathing, your good!

I would suggest buying the best you can for the money, I have heard of S600 free flow issues in 30's temps, and have heard negatives about Apeks too. What you need to remember is if your LDS dosen't have it, its crap! Some of the magazines do comparisons, they can be helpful.

What is this "dry exhaust" you speak of. I haven't experienced it, but is there a way to fix it (if it can be fixed).

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom