What Regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my two cents but both Apeks and Atomic are making the best breathing regulators on the market today. I own both types but I must say that I have been favoring the Atomic (M1) set more as of late.

superstar:
So let me get this straight, you dive a quarry, then blast ammo during your surface interval. I love it. It would be a great place for my daughter to learn to dive, she would fit right in with the shooters.

Out here in Oootah, people dive in a geothermal lake in the desert then shoot AK-47s. I got a little nervous though when one guy started shooting and then turned towards us (while still shooting). And if that is not enough for ya the lake is near a bombing range and occasionally they miss.

As for regs we (the Mrs and I) both use Atomic Z2s for back gas and Mares MR12 for stage bottles.

I use Poseidon Xstream Deep 90s for backgas.

Just bought 2 DS4/TX 50's. Will use the DS4's for Backgas and the 2 DST/TX50's as stage regs when going deep and as Single Tank setups for Wife and Son when not going deep.

Apeks is tough to beat.

I use ATX 200's on everything.
... and I LOVE the dive and shoot idea.

I use Atomic M1 for recreational back gas, Zeagle Flathead VI for technical (back, stage) and wreck; but for deep dives, under 250', I use the Mares Abyss.

Zeagle ZX-DSV's on backgas, Oceanic OmegaII-CDX5's for stages

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom