What Regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apeks74

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know there is a reg forum but I want to hear from folks that dive deep with doubles, mixed gas, and stage bottles not folks looking for pretty colors and free octo's.

I need to buy new stage bottles 40 CU. and regs for both. Considering upgrading for my back gas and using my TX50's for stage.

Thanks

Is there something about your TX50s that you dislike?

If not, I'd say get more Apeks regs for back gas.. preferably some ATX50s.

Actually I love the TX 50's. I have had them for 6 years and never had a problem. I think they are a lot of reg for the money. Just curious what other folks are using for Deco and deep dives.

A lot of people use the Apeks regs, especially people on SB. I say that if you're already familiar and comfortable with them, there's no reason to change. They're at least as good as anything else out there. They're what I use.

Haven't been there this year... the quarry there is *cold*, even in the summer, but a pretty nice dive. Plenty of stuff and trash to check out.

Bring firearms if you have them. There's nothing else to do during the surface interval :wink:

Whereabouts do you live/dive?

I think Apeks is a great product.....but I am currently using a combo of Dive Rite//Oceanic//Mares,,,,its whats available thru the shop I staff at.....and these brands have proven very good. :)

I live in NH. I have dove in the quarry 5 times but not in the last two years. I know about the target practice to. Actually had to go back down and resurface closer to the ledge one time. Someone was shooting at a can on the surface.

I have never gone back into the caves but have been told you can work your way out to a ladder about 300 yds away. Not really qualified for that. Mostly just played in the mud at 140' watching narcosis take its effect on one of my dive buddies.:D

I used Apeks ATX200, Scubapro MK25/S600, Scubapro MK17/S600

apeks74:
I live in NH. I have dove in the quarry 5 times but not in the last two years. I know about the target practice to. Actually had to go back down and resurface closer to the ledge one time. Someone was shooting at a can on the surface.

I have never gone back into the caves but have been told you can work your way out to a ladder about 300 yds away. Not really qualified for that. Mostly just played in the mud at 140' watching narcosis take its effect on one of my dive buddies.:D

I've been to the quarry twice this year and although its relatively small I still think its more fun than Brownstone or Dutch Springs. You just have to love a hole with so much junk in it! Personally its not the shooting thats the problem for me, its all the unsoent rounds that litter the ground! Call me silly but I get nervous when I inadvertently step on a live round, whether its a .22 rimfire or one of the 1/2 dozen .45 I saw the last time there. One of those could be a real pain in the foot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom