Dangers of Buddy Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poor divers in general, they don't listen to the dive briefing because they are too excited about getting in the water for the first time in a year.

Gets stuck in the cave behind you - blocking your only exit.
Gets entangled in the line behind you, breaking it and silting out to zero vis.

They can geab the anchor line to stop their acsent, thus pulling the anchor off the bottom.

New buddies that have not mastered the "one leg is stronger than the other fin kick" is always crashing into you. And if you switch to the other side you're constantly chasing them.

they suck air like a hoover.

They beat you to the parking lot where you're going to launch the boat and then take the last spot.

BigTuna* Descends and ascends the downline above me with armed speargun.[/quote:
Holy CRAP! :shakehead

That would be the last dive with that "buddy". No muzzle discipline. That's a deal killer right there!

Buddy is anxious about diving; fiddles with weights and equipment while you are bobbing in cold water.

DeepBound:
Buddy seduces you

Now that's my definition of a good buddy.

ROFL!!!

Ok how about this: You have a great-looking/sexy dive buddy, and you're so distracted by him/her that they have to pretty much remind you of everything during the dive.... ascend, descend, go over here, remember to vent your BC, etc.....

:wink:

OMG is the DeepBound'n FreeFloat gag fest. I thought this type of thing was limited to the Art'n Chan parade on OD last summer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom