BC Housing Hook Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gert7to3:
Lindabluedolphin,

In the Cetacea corp web page I think their CRL09,
CRL12 or CRL15 would work best for just your camera and housing. You would stick the loop of the corded end through the wrist strap mount of your housing, then pull the rest of the lanyard through that loop.

I would be leery using the split ring model with a clip. That split ring could wear away some of the housing material. My wife lost a camera once when the split ring worked its way through a clip.

I would also stay away from the lanyards which do not have a Fastex clip to hold the lanyard short and close to your body. If you can't clip it close it could be an entangling hazard if you needed both hands for climbing into a boat for instance.

Thanks, I took a look at what I currently have and compared it to the photos. I already have CRL11. That small little cord looks so flimsy to go through my wrist strap, I was terrified I would lose my camera so I did not use it. I just kept it on my wrist. I may have to actually take it down and see how it works.

Thanks again.

I have a Pink one of course!

I use a heavy duty retractor with a lock on it. It will hold the camera close when you need it but you can lock it with the cable out so that it is totally free to be moved about. I don't like to have to pull against the coiled ones. It seems to be easy, but after an hour......The coiled ones are a little "in the way" for me.

discrepancy:
That's the one you want. Color's up to you. Pink is good.

Yep that is the one I have, I have had it for quite sometime, maybe now it is the time to put it to use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom