Scuba chair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arkman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone ever made a chair of sorts for shore diving? Most of my diving I've done has been shore diving but this year I did a few boat dives. It was really nice to have a bench to set you tank and BC on then sit down to get all strapped in. After the boat dives I did a group even were one guy had a chair he built to do the same thing. I meant to take a photo but forgot.

I'm wondering if anyone has ever made anything like this. Anyone have any photos?

Get one of these
IMG_5977.png

Not a chair, but my truck tailgate basically serves the same purpose. @lexvil , great idea with the portable workbench.

Lance

When we dive out of my vehicle the tailgate is great. But we are often diving out of a friends vehicle. I've thought about the workbenchs like that but when I saw this chair I thought it was pretty cool. I worked on it a bit last night. Here is what I came up with.

431315663_784080723604798_1206774796562050841_n.png

I have to dial in the size, but I think it will work. The legs will fold in and the back fold down so that it lays flat. Just my idea so far.

Go to Amazon and click the video button on the Keeter, nothing compares for ease of use, nothing and for salt water divers you won’t be filling your tailgate with salt.

I set everything up stand it up, sit on the corner any slide my arms into the straps and go dive.

When we dive out of my vehicle the tailgate is great. But we are often diving out of a friends vehicle. I've thought about the workbenchs like that but when I saw this chair I thought it was pretty cool. I worked on it a bit last night. Here is what I came up with.

View attachment 832505

I have to dial in the size, but I think it will work. The legs will fold in and the back fold down so that it lays flat. Just my idea so far.

I like really the concept, but if you're building from scratch, I'm not sure you need or want a "back" on that chair, might just get in the way of fixing the cam bands and not really stabilize the tank. Maybe instead, a piece of scrap piece of PVC like you might find in some smaller dive boats? You could just slide your tank in and then fix your bcd or backplate to the tank, making that your "chair back"?

Something like this?
1710864122039.png

Diving with a buddy? Maybe something more like this with one quick trip to the Home Depot?
1710864170496.png

I like really the concept, but if you're building from scratch, I'm not sure you need or want a "back" on that chair, might just get in the way of fixing the cam bands and not really stabilize the tank. Maybe instead, a piece of scrap piece of PVC like you might find in some smaller dive boats? You could just slide your tank in and then fix your bcd or backplate to the tank, making that your "chair back"?
Interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that issue. I guess my thought was to assemble the bc/tank and then slide it back into a holder. Similar to the one below. That way it holds the tank up.
1711128458186.png

My other reason for the back was to have a place to hold my fins. Put a little hook on either side and then hang the fins there, or off the back.
1711128437502.png

I'll have to look into some pvc to hold the tank. That might be a good way to go.

Back
Top Bottom