When you dive solo...

Hw do you solo dive

• Dive solo with land support

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Dive solo without land support

Votes: 94 84.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solo is Solo.

The guy on the high wire is going solo but has the whole circus watching.

I prefer to not make diving into a circus act.
If I dive alone... I'm alone.
No tickets, no reserved seats and I don't print a program.

Except for the fish and the Sirens :wink:

Hmmm... so if I make it a circus act, do I get paid?

Additionally hmmm... ...in peanuts?

I always let my wife know where to recover the body.

Generally one of my buddies knows I am diving, and I call afterwards to talk about the dive and basically let him know I am okay. I always call home when driving back.

My buddy knows where I dive and generally knows the plan (cave diving mostly, so he knows which area I am planning to go to) so that my body can be found quite quickly if something happens... I do want to leave a beautiful corpse and not found three months later floating in my own juices in my suit...

I dont leave details at home since there is no understanding of where what is.... it is better to have someone who knows the systems to know where I am diving.

CoolTech:
If something bites my head off, they will still find a tag on my body..

Not to worry, Dario and I would have brought back what was left of your body.

bundy:
Is it really solo diving if you have support from the surface or beach?
yes...... but not a solo trip to the beach.

Me I dive solo all the time. Not true solo I do a lot of beach and river dives for fosslis and have some one on the beach like the wife. I also go out on some charters and do spear fishing. Spear fishing divers don't make good buddies I make it petty clear I'm not a good buddy and go my own way.

I don't have a buddy or a boat so it's solo or no dive. I feel very comfetubal with my self.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom