portholes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All I have to say is, if I come up with the bell I'm keeping it and if they make me swim. Cost guards will come pick me up. The bell on any ship is the most prised keep they would be crazy to ask for the bell crazy

NorthernShrinkage:
quote : Take only pictures leave only bubbles : about sums it up .

No no, it's "blow bubbles while preserving portholes". Wrecks don't last forever in the ocean, salt water eats them, the sand covers them, artifacts may never be seen again.

if these wrecks r unlisted and the likelyhood of ever being found by other divers ( ie boring wrecks only worth 1 look ) then i think there fare game as far as portholes go, otherwise there gone in another 5 yrs why not salvage what u can when ur there.TAKE ITAND FRAME IT I SAY......, Its a different matter with war graves, anyone who removes or penetrates these sites should be shot..:no :no :no

proffumdiver:
if these wrecks r unlisted and the likelyhood of ever being found by other divers ( ie boring wrecks only worth 1 look ) then i think there fare game as far as portholes go, otherwise there gone in another 5 yrs why not salvage what u can when ur there.TAKE ITAND FRAME IT I SAY......, Its a different matter with war graves, anyone who removes or penetrates these sites should be shot..:no :no :no

at last! a balanced view!

proffumdiver:
Its a different matter with war graves, anyone who removes or penetrates these sites should be shot..:no :no :no

So . . . I guess you will not be diving any U-Boats anytime soon. If the criteria for not penetrating or entering is that someone died in it . . . then we'll have to close down many diveable caves, roadways, buildings, etc. Heck, do we close down hospital rooms and dispose of the bed when someone dies?

Of course I am being absurd to illustrate the danger of blanket statements. In my view, it's about respect. I take issue with disturbing human remains. But even that is not truly taboo, as there are countless pieces of human remains in boxes and on display in museums throughout the world. As you read this someone is digging up somebody somewhere!

In the end we must do what is within our comfort level . . . and not judge others lest we are prepared to be judged.

Dennis

Just to point out to anyone diving in UK waters, if you must bring it up, it has to be logged with the reciever of wreck!

NorthernShrinkage:
quote : Take only pictures leave only bubbles : about sums it up .

so u mean to tell me that if your out diving a wreck and just happen to stumble accross the BELL and you would only take picture's to show ur pals?????? hhmmmm
i think not.

deepstops:
No no, it's "blow bubbles while preserving portholes". Wrecks don't last forever in the ocean, salt water eats them, the sand covers them, artifacts may never be seen again.

yeah, and you wanne know what speeds up the procces? Taking stuff from the wrecks.

And proffumdiver, what do you think would spread most joy? A couple of hundred divers who would have the chance to see a bell in its right position on a wreck or the handful bunch of people who would see it in your living room? You know that there is a reason to why you only happens to stumble across some bells and dont see them on almost every wreck dive.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom