portholes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

proffumdiver:
so u mean to tell me that if your out diving a wreck and just happen to stumble accross the BELL and you would only take picture's to show ur pals?????? hhmmmm
i think not.

As a matter of fact thats exactly what I would do. Photos are fine, I don't need to bring the bell or any other artifact to the surface.

So I guess the motto of take nothing but memories or photos doesnt sit will with some folks.

:shakehead

Gilless:
As a matter of fact thats exactly what I would do. Photos are fine, I don't need to bring the bell or any other artifact to the surface.

So I guess the motto of take nothing but memories or photos doesnt sit will with some folks.

:shakehead

I understand that people look at issue from different points. In my view, as long as it's not a protected site, bring back all you can. It's no different than walking into landfill and saying, "wow, look at that cool old thing. I'll just leave it here so others might see it. If it no longer exists in a couple years, then so be it." If I see a nice artifact, I'll bring it home and spend the time needed to conserve or restore it. Then I can look at it every day and remember the dive. I can also show it to others and relay the fun of that dive. If it's really interesting, I can loan it to a local museum so that LOTS of people can enjoy it as much as me. Seems a lot better than just leaving it to be consumed by the sea.

FD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom