portholes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
i had the chance to do some tec diving on a livabord last season,these wrecks we discovered were all virgin wrecks. i also had the oppertunity to retrieve a few brass portholes that were geniunlly lying on the sand i left them on that occasion but im planning on going back to dive these wrecks again soon do i take them this time or not????????? as there not attached to the wrecks would anyone mind as i no that no-one elsewill find these wrecks in the near future(locations remain secret) what do u think???

You must be kidding!! Those things would already be on my mantle! Unless of course it was in a national park or reserve area where it was forbidden. If you don't take them, how about PM'ing me the coordinates. I promise I will only look at them :eyebrow:

save-money-diving:
i had the chance to do some tec diving on a livabord last season,these wrecks we discovered were all virgin wrecks. i also had the oppertunity to retrieve a few brass portholes that were geniunlly lying on the sand i left them on that occasion but im planning on going back to dive these wrecks again soon do i take them this time or not????????? as there not attached to the wrecks would anyone mind as i no that no-one elsewill find these wrecks in the near future(locations remain secret) what do u think???

I think you should invite me on the next trip. So I can ... uh... better evaluate the situation by recovering said portholes for...uh...scientific evaluation. Yeah, that's it, so I can evaluate them for scientific evaluation. Then I'll give you my evaluation by evaluating the portholes, on the deck of the boat.

Cant blame you for not including anyone else, I wouldn't tell anyone either especially since I'm still looking for my first porthole. Congratulations on your find and future recovery. Bring up as many as you can.

jamiemac:
don't forget portholes etc are open season but ifyou find a bell you should give it to the dive boat

jamie

Are you nuts?! If I bring up a ship's bell, it stays with me!

im sure they would look really nice in my living room (opening offer 10 quid each) :eyebrow: lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom