Rockport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin Ripley:
Yes, for the last 4 years now. BTW, the gentleman who owns the other side of that little wooden fence dislikes divers because they park in front of his house and block acess to his waterfront deck so we don't go near there to avoid any issues with the locals.

The customs dock isn't used in the winter time and its crown land. Be careful you dont fall off that horse, it looks pretty high from here.

I don't park in front of his house, I park further away as to not block his view, and make sure I don't touch his fence. Ironically, I noticed a few diver's cars parked exactly there today. If you're parking in front of his house, but entering from the other side of the custom's building, that will hardly appease him... his concern is the cars parked there!

How did you know I went horse riding yesterday and fell off.. what the HELL?

DeepBound:
I don't park in front of his house, I park further away as to not block his view, and make sure I don't touch his fence. Ironically, I noticed a few diver's cars parked exactly there today. If you're parking in front of his house, but entering from the other side of the custom's building, that will hardly appease him... his concern is the cars parked there!

How did you know I went horse riding yesterday and fell off.. what the HELL?

Sounds like you are doing everything possible not to screw it up for the rest of us then. If you ask Larissa she can likely give you a few pointers as to what else not to do in Rockport to upset the locals. As for the horse, well..... I have eyes eveywhere.

Have a good night.

Kevin Ripley:
Sounds like you are doing everything possible not to screw it up for the rest of us then. If you ask Larissa she can likely give you a few pointers as to what else not to do in Rockport to upset the locals. As for the horse, well..... I have eyes eveywhere.

Have a good night.
Yeah, don't ask for water to put down your wetsuit :)

SIDE NOTE: ...... GUE = Global Underwater Explorers

Mission Statement (taken from their website)

Global Underwater Explorers emerged out of a shared desire to safely explore and protect the underwater world and to improve the quality of education and research in all things aquatic. In line with the original vision of its founding members, GUE is committed to:

Developing safe, skilled, and knowledgeable divers
Undertaking and promoting underwater research
Pursuing global underwater exploration
Safeguarding the integrity of the underwater world
Providing the public with a comprehensive resource on all things aquatic.
Working to redefine the ties binding the average underwater enthusiast to underwater explorers, conservationists and scientific researchers GUE is committed to the overall goal of promoting the interests of the underwater world and of those who seek to engage it.

In my humble opinion, it's a great organization and we can learn a great deal from them.

Elevatorguy2:
Might be a dumb question what does GUE stand for?

Here's some more from their website:

I understand that GUE is structured as an elite organization, designed to promote safe and responsible diving activity. Furthermore, I recognize this organization is a voice for general responsibility including, but not limited, to diving excellence, environmental conservation, and personal health and fitness.

and...

Representatives of this elite institution will be expected to maintain a substantially higher level of proficiency and conduct than is expected in the general diving community. These greatly elevated standards require that individuals maintain a high level of personal responsibility and act accordingly.

Nope, just a diver. You could have done a search and found loads od threads regarding GUE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom