Rockport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcs_scuba

Reaction score
RBL (Rockport Boat Line) is officially closed for the season, the last boat cruise was this afternoon. I have to remind divers that RBL and the use of the boat ramp are not related. The sign and bylaw are still in place, and the ramp is very busy with the local marinas using it to haul boats for the season. The best entry point is at Jeff's, Rockport Dive Centre the second best being at the north east corner of the Customs building. There is a small wall to scale there and a nice sandy beach area. You will have to check with Jeff at RDC to see about entering and exiting there.
The line to the Kinghorn is fully intact or was at least two nights ago. I noticed on my return to shore that there is a new line leading East in the direction of RDC. The STOP sign is stil in place at the bow of the 16 foot power boat and is about 1/3 of the way out to the Kinghorn.
Water temp today was 51 degrees.

Mike Ryan

I'm looking for a buddy to go shore diving to the Kinghorn and/or the Rockport Wall on Sunday (Nov. 19). If anyone's interested please send me a PM.
Thanks,
Neil
Note: Kinghorn from shore requires lots of gas, usually doubles.

Kevin Ripley:
Dont you usually dive solo Neil?
Depends whether I'm buddying with someone or not. Why? Sorry though, I won't dive with zealots, they're dangerous.

jjones9527:
Usually doubles....some people never learn.
I think after finding a dead body at the Kinghorn earlier this year, someone with only one tank, you'd be in favor of doubles?

DeepBound:
I think after finding a dead body at the Kinghorn earlier this year, someone with only one tank, you'd be in favor of doubles?

Yeah, I would say doubles is mandatory. But thats just me.

Doug and I made the run to the Kinghorn today and fixed a section of our line from the customs dock that had been pulled out by an anchor drag (we assume). We added a couple of more stakes to keep the line out of the silt as it goes over the wall and cleaned the remainder of the line in preparation for the upcoming winter dive season. We also tightened up the new section of line as it was bowed in the current and very lose. Next weekend we'll go out and stake this section down as well. There was a group in a zodiac there as well running off Andress Boat Works docks so we avoided this area..

Kevin Ripley:
Doug and I made the run to the Kinghorn today and fixed a section of our line from the customs dock that had been pulled out by an anchor drag (we assume). We added a cuple of more stakes to keep the line out of the silf as it goes over the wall and cleaned the remainder of the line in preparation for the upcoming winter dive season. We also tightened up the new section of line as it was bowed in the current and very lose. Next weekend we'll go out and stake this section down as well. There was a group in a zodiac there as well running off Andress Boat Works docks so we avoided this area..

You shouldnt just move lines around like that without warning people. That line directed me to the wrong side of the customs dock after the rockport wall drift. The old line was just fine, going straight from the entry point at the northeast corner of the customs building.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom