Do you check-in or Carry-On your Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a $29 bag from K-Mart that rolls and that meets airline size requirements. I carry camera, strobe, regs, dive computer, logbook, cell phone charger, swimsuit, shirt, tooth brush/paste and change of under garments. TSA has never been able to repack it so that it closes but I can. The rest is checked in.
--DP

One wheeled carry on and a backpack. Nothing checked...and still manage to take an extra set of gauges and mask. Small digital camera, no strobes. Of course, folks probably get tired of looking at the two t-shirts I wear for the week. But, this way I always get to dive with MY stuff.

fdog:
Check it all, except for mask, computer and reg.

All the best, James

Bump...Fdog has it right...:D

well you could bring your reg in carry on rest in bag that way you at least have your reg and computer.. personaly i rather carry it on but my gear is to big.. and well id wear it but im sure id get searched... (second time)

RonFrank:
I am a photographer, so I carry on my camera gear, and check most of my dive gear. The one exception is my regulator which I carry on.

I have my stuff insured, and if my gear goes missing, I would rent. If you have the space and a way to carry on you gear, sure do so. In my case I use my available carry on weight for camera gear which for me is more important than dive gear as I can not rent good camera gear, but I can dive with rental stuff. If you are a person that has a hard fit for a wetsuit then that would be a good thing to include in carry on.

I carry on my reg because that is one item that I feel is worth having in good repair. I'd carry on my BC if I could find a way. On my last trip to Coz, one divers bags went missing. They delivered them them the next day, so while they were upset, in the end it was good. I've read that Bonaire is famous for delaying gear.

you can always wear your bcd like a vest.... i mean its not like they will tell you you cant.. its a clothing accesry :rofl3:

haha49:
you can always wear your bcd like a vest.... i mean its not like they will tell you you cant.. its a clothing accesry :rofl3:
That'd be really comfy for hours in a cramped plane seat. Besides I think he's one of the backplate divers. :14:

Back
Top Bottom