Where are all the oval and round masks these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are hardcore I can just picture oval mask, double hose reg, and speedos fighting off soviet agents :D

Happy New Year~!

-J.-
cause you probably do not have any camoflauge speedos.

...they're on eBay fetching between $600 - $800!

Holy cow! I know somebody that still dives with one of these. I've always teased him about his old freediving gear. Between that mask and his old Voit Viking fins :)D LOL) his gear is probably worth more than all my freeding gear put together.

Suggest you may want to make your own oval or round mask.

Check out "The Mask" ;Legends of diving @ Scuba Diving and Recreation Center in Northwest Ohio - Portage Quarry.

That mask is over 60 years old and still going strong and very diveable-and homemade

There are only three remaining in the world~~Wonder what it would bring on E bay???

sdm

What a great anecdote about the half-century-old custom mask! The Zale Parry copy made very interesting reading too.

I regularly snorkel in the North Sea with a blue Britmarine rubber oval mask, sadly no longer sold new. Oval masks with skirts in colours other than black are still being manufactured, however. Here are a couple of blue models, Ixtapa and Chico, from the Mexican diving gear manufacturer Escualo Sports:

wp9e82d9ed.jpg wp2f088b72.jpg

I'd love to try out these masks and a matching pair of their fins, but the company doesn't respond to my emails, even when I write in Spanish!

There are companies out there that still make them and they do not cost several hundred dollars. I can get you one for less than $80.00 give me a call. you to KGdiver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom