Cross your fingers for us, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What a week.

We have just been put on Blue Alert for Cyclone Nicholas and it is set to smack us right in the head on Tuesday morning. Blue Alert is time for us to tie stuff down, secure all the vehicles and boats and equipment, prep the shop and offices for water and storm damage etc. And then do all the stuff around the house LOL

So far we intend to stay here and ride it out, but that may change as things develop. Personally, I'm hoping the forecast tracks are very very wrong :D Unfortunately, they seem to agree at this time...

Bom.gov.au site

Joint Typhoon Warning site

Looks like he'll be a 4:
4 Severe Tropical Cyclone 225 - 279 km/h
Very destructive winds Significant roofing and structural damage. Many caravans destroyed and blown away. Dangerous airbourne debris. Widespread power failures.

Good luck, alcina! We'll be saying a little prayer for you guys. :pray:

Take care and good luck! I've been thru a few huricanes so I can imagine your feelings now.

Good luck!
Please look out for yourselves first.
Easy to replace the stuff, hard to replace people.

I know how tense this time can be, and how destructive these storms can be. Please stay as safe as possible.

If you feel the need to jump a plane and get out, You can come and stay with me till everything has passed.

I will be more than happy to come and get everyone you bring from the airport.
Please be careful and give me a call if you take me up on the offer so I know when your flight lands.:D
Becky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom