Just gettin' started in Pensacola...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NwfDvr

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Diving has been something i have been looking into doing for years. Now i am finally gonna kick off the hobby. Any suggestions on decent entry level gear or good beginner dive sites in the area? Any help would be great, hope to see ya'll under the waves.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

You'll hear about Vortex, Morrison, Cypress. I have been certfiied going on 34 years now. I live 9 miles from Vortex. P.M. me if you are interested. Board is very political and selective, be careful

Welcome to the 'Board and the world of diving! ScubaKris already mentioned the more popular springs close to you. There's also some beach shore diving along the panhandle. Check out Navarre, Destin, and Panama City Beach. I'd hold off on getting any gear until after you're certified. Many divers will jump into gear purchase only to learn about other gear they end up wishing they had bought instead. If you haven't had a diving experience yet, let me know and I'll take you on a Discover Scuba. What that means is I will give you some basic instruction and get you in the water on an experience dive. I don't charge for this and supply all the gear you need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom