Calling all GOD’s: Keep the Kids Out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redrover

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I suggest we mandate requiring some sort of proof we belong in here to post. Keep the idiots (remember we are G. O. D.’s) that don’t realize what’s gonna happen to them sooner or later, outa here with their Real Divers Don’t Dive Splits replies. Get the respect we deserve, at least we know better than even try to shovel snow (Post #92) with them for crying out loud.

Its annoying enough pushing myself no longer increases my strength; it’s more like 5 steps back. I’m afraid if I held still for a while I’d seize up. Every mishap in my earlier days that was an inconvenience to slow down enough to heal is banging on the door and won’t go away no matter how long I ignore it. I got sciatic problems when carrying Koa canoes and found out I had fractured a vertebrae. Back when; I have no idea. Whatever oops it was apparently didn’t slow me down enough at the time. Now I know where and it explains a lot these last few years. Not to mention that nagging can’t leap tall buildings anymore thing. I mean I was at my athletic prime in my 30’s to late 40’s, then wham! Took me three years to quit insisting it was all in my mind, and there, is enough aggravation to up my blood pressure.

I’ve moved on past the grieving stage now and seeking alternative solutions, to something new it seems every couple of months. Today I climbed up onto the flat bed, and off (it's at my chin level) by myself, where there is a will there is a way. Let’s stop the nonsense, stick on topic, help each other out and use the time that would be wasted for the fun stuff we like to do.

That’s G.O.D.dess redrover BTW
What!
Even you guys are laughing?

There are several ways to restrict access to this forum. What are your ideas?
Goodness! You expect me as a GODdess to do everything?:blinking:
:D

Well, one should never ask a lady her age but on occasion someone looks at my Cert card I noticed kindly states my birth date.

Maybe we wouldn’t have to provide such private information and ask a question like you had to be there? What did the first telephone you remember look like? What was the name of the fast food restaurant chain every where when you were 10?

I dunno tho, somebody might sweet talk their granny and cheat. There are some pretty smart cookies out there and sure can look up a lot of stuff.

Maybe all us all powerful GOD’s would just know who was an imposter and kick them out individually. Give them the stinky eye?

Hey, this is fun, not getting kicked for typing GOD, I love poking fun at my self.

good try for the questions, but i'd qualify if that was the bar! i remember the party lines - we had them until i was in college, and couldn't use touch tone phones on them. and what fast food?

and i'm only 39, a mere child!

so things that young people who happen to be from the sticks wouldn't know - maybe the name of the princess on howdy doody? i only know that from mama.

so things that young people who happen to be from the sticks wouldn't know - maybe the name of the princess on howdy doody? i only know that from mama.
Wouldn't work. They'd probably Google it...

Making the forum opt-in would limit the amount of accidental passengers.

Making the threads visible only for members who have opted-in who give a greater sense of privacy as the threads cannot be Googled then. The only "failsafe" method would be to have people sign-up in person. But that's slightly impractical...

I could care less who's in here to be honest.

I agree with Al. We don't need to take ourselves too seriously. Most young folks won't stick around a bunch of grumpy old farts anyways.

Sheeesh, the things we worry about

I could care less who's in here to be honest.
I agree with Al. We don't need to take ourselves too seriously. Most young folks won't stick around a bunch of grumpy old farts anyways.
Sheeesh, the things we worry about
OK, if that's not an issue... Does it bother anyone that their threads can be found by Google? Kim mentioned that concern.

There are several ways to restrict access to this forum. What are your ideas?

Make everybody list the things they hurt when they were young, that came back with a vengeance later.

If you can't find at least two, you don't get to complain here. :cool:

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom