Descent into Madness or I Want My Fingerprints Back!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little "trick", rather than your actual palm, use the heel of the palm (it's much more durable) and if you need a little more "grip" use your little finger as a hook. But don't use your finger tips at all, if you can avoid it.
Also try to read the flow and avoid it when and where possible, there are "eddy" and rip currents that you can use to your advantage when you find them.
Welcome to the joy of wet rocks

..and I can't think of a better way to celebrate it than by saying--

CONGRATULATIONS!

Great job, Don.

And great job to you too, Steve!

Just work on those Canadian swear words!

Jeff

I never planned to join the UCF club because I didn't think any of them were interested in overhead diving, and that's where my plans for future diving lay, even when I came here last Fall, I just hadn't set up the dates. Pretty awesome to meet some guys at the club here and to find out that so many of them are getting overhead training soon, andin the case of some of them, before me even! I thought I'd never have dive buddies for overhead here but I agree, no shortage here at UCF!

(now we just need to create a cave in the bottom of the lake on campus. Didn't Cousteau use dynamite??? :) )

Told ya to come out and see what we're all about :wink:

Good to see you at the Lake the other day.

I'm smiling as I read this report. My fingerprints did grow back after my cavern and into training in December but it was painful for a while. I've been told that it is a rite of passage in cave diving to wear your fingertips raw :wink:

I'm smiling as I read this report. My fingerprints did grow back after my cavern and into training in December but it was painful for a while. I've been told that it is a rite of passage in cave diving to wear your fingertips raw :wink:

Oh SURE , NOW someone tells me that. :(

Gads , and I type for a living. (sigh)

Seriously , I try to use my palms as much as I can. I mean , my fingies still get a bit sore after a couple days of heaving Pullin , but not nearly as bad as they used to get.
So there's hope.

Thanks!
Da Beano Baggins

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom