What is the cost of recompression?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have hear various numbers for the cost of diver recompression, but does anyone have the facts as to how much it costs for recompression (I assume these are US costs in dollars.)?

Numbers I have heard range from 5 to 40,000 dollars.

Thanks,
K

Or you can do it yourself for $2400 - Hyperbaric Treatment
I am sure you are trying to be funny but that "chamber" is designed for altitude sickness for moutain climbers. It is designed to be pressurized to 2psi which would have the equivalent of pressurizing a diver to less than 5fsw. Not really very practical for dcs purposes:shakehead:

The cost probably varies depending on where the chamber is, and the type treatment-duration/"depth"/etc.
That said:
In Grand Cayman, in 2004, a "USN Table 6" chamber ride (5 hours) ran approx $2500 (USD).

Table 62 (about 5 hours), Singapore naval base, S$1.551.50 (~US$1,136) is the current rate. If you are going to get bent, do it here. It's cheaper. :wink:

Thats why it is best to get DAN Insurance...

Table 62 (about 5 hours), Singapore naval base, S$1.551.50 (~US$1,136) is the current rate. If you are going to get bent, do it here. It's cheaper.

If you're going to get bent, take up Australian citizenship and do it down here. Its covered by the public health system.

Not that this helps the OP :)

If you have insurance through your employer, it may be covered. When I checked with mine, they said they would cover anything that was medically necessary, and there wasn't an exclusion for scuba diving.

If you're going to get bent, take up Australian citizenship and do it down here. Its covered by the public health system.

Not that this helps the OP :)

Does your Big Brother kick in & get you cheap gas, too???..........If so, what a deal........But I'll still stick with the best nation in the world & keep my Dan insurance going for 100 bucks a year...........

I have hear various numbers for the cost of diver recompression, but does anyone have the facts as to how much it costs for recompression (I assume these are US costs in dollars.)?

Numbers I have heard range from 5 to 40,000 dollars.

Thanks,
K

I saw the bill for a diver treated on Cozumel two years ago. Navy Table 6, 5 1/2 hours. Plus doctor visits for the next two weeks was $5,400.00. It only took one treatment but no diving for six months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom