Destin Megadive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what time is the cookout?

if High Tide is at 11:45am, and the cookout is at 1pm?

would it be better to wait until the "heat of the day" goes away some and have the cookout say at 6pm or so? (just an idea)

I know, Long time since you heard from me, but I am still here! If I can convince my DH that I can still safely drive to Destin after me messing up my car last weekend I would love to dive the jetties again!

I also, might and this is a big might be able to talk my sister into coming and she would be a bubble watcher. She likes doing the beach at the jetties. Especially, if we are out there at later than 7am to dive.

Will get more definite soon!

Cindy

So, after diving at the Destin Bridge today, I went by Calhoun Park. It is a typical Florida bay-side park, with a couple of pavilions and restrooms. However, very prominately displayed, was sign that stated NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.

IMHO, that alone would disquailify this location as a possibility. I cannot fathom an after-dive gathering without a few "tasty beverages"!

I believe Henderson is a state park - no alcohol (they do allow my root beer).

Mrs. Yoda says she will be coming. She can bubble and inflatable boat watch (ShagMan).

I'd like to attempt two dives that day. High tide is 11:44 am so I'll be at the parking area by 10:00 am for the walk to the first dive. I'll be bringing the sand yacht so an immediate second dive. Probably finished dive two by 1:30 pm. Anyone else interested in that schedule or is everyone just doing one dive and back out before high tide?

I am with you on the two dive schedule Yoda. I might have my "sand yacht" rigged to go by then also...waiting on the wheels.

I believe Henderson is a state park - no alcohol (they do allow my root beer).

Mrs. Yoda says she will be coming. She can bubble and inflatable boat watch (ShagMan).

I'd like to attempt two dives that day. High tide is 11:44 am so I'll be at the parking area by 10:00 am for the walk to the first dive. I'll be bringing the sand yacht so an immediate second dive. Probably finished dive two by 1:30 pm. Anyone else interested in that schedule or is everyone just doing one dive and back out before high tide?

I'll only be available mid-day, gonna have to leave to hit up the Wakulla Dive Club Meeting in the afternoon, so a late cookout wouldn't work for me.

I'm still up for the dive(s) though :D

Youre gonna skip a rare destin megadive for a monthly meeting?

I'm missing July's meeting for a wedding, so I'd like to hit the August one :) I'm not missing the Destin Megadive, I just might cut out early.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom