Diving in South East Asia in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi fellow divers :)

I have a month off work in September and was thinking about doing my Divemaster in this part of the world. Up to now I have only dived in Thailand and would like to expand the curriculum.

I have been giving Philippines some thought recently due to its notorious diving. However, Autumn seems not to be the best time to dive there according to my information due to the raining season.

I would like to hear from anybody who have dived in the area (Philippines - Malaysia - Indonesia) in September.

1) If it's possible to dive in Philippines in September what would you recommend, where and why?
2) If not Philippines, where then in September and why?

Thanks for a great forum. Looking forward to hearing from you. :lotsalove:

Indonesia and Bali to be precise, it is mola mola season around then of the east coast. i have never been to indonesia before but after reading a lot of threads here on SB it sounds like a diving meca with most places to dive year round and some like Bali in july-october a cant miss. just my opinion.

I lived in the Philippines for 11 years. Sept is typhoon season but the upside is the resorts are less crowded. You could get perfect weather. The rains ususally come as tropical depressions pass by but in between, the weather clears up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom