D200 Housing, Sea and Sea or Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't speak for the S&S but another thing that has not been mentioned here is the exceptional customer service that the Ikelite folks have provided me over the years. In the film days, I shot a Nikon N-90 in an Ikelite housing with a substrobe 200. I put about 400 dives on that set-up without as much as a drop of water inside. When a rough baggage handler somehow broke 2 control knobs off of the IKE housing (inside a Pelican case no-less), one call to the folks at Ikelite and they shipped me all new knobs @ no charge. When I had a problem with a charger w years later, no questions asked, just sent me a new one - no charge.

I currently shoot a D200 in an Ikelite housing, with a straight (60mm macro) & dome port (12-24mm), with a Substrobe 125 and ULCS arms (Ikelite arms are the one thing I don't like about the IKE setup.) Other than that, absolutely love it.

The S&S housing is much more ergonomic than Ikelite, it is not as big as the Ikelite housing, gives you more flexibility with viewfinder choices. We can install Inon 45 degree or Inon straight viewfinder into the S&S housing which is something you can't do with Ikelite. The bayonet mount port on the S&S to me are much better than the system that Ikelite uses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom