The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MOF_in_Boynton_007.jpg

Awesome weekend gang!!!
Neither rain nor lightning shall keep us away. Great lightning storm from 50' on Sunday afternoon.

Even though I had a bad luck camera day on Saturday that left me without strobes, I did manage to capture this one of our fearless leader the ultimate multi-tasker.
Kev1.jpg

Kev reviewing with Emily the pointers of peak buoyancy.
MOF_in_Boynton_003.jpg

:10: MY :mooner:

You're just gonna have to deal with them because they are Florida State colors.

Kelly, Could you please get Fish a new pair of shorts! :rofl3:

MOF_in_Boynton_007.jpg

Awesome weekend gang!!!
Neither rain nor lightning shall keep us away. Great lightning storm from 50' on Sunday afternoon.

Fish beat me to it!
headerFSUSeal.gif
headerFSUWordmark.gif

But more importantly Joyce, when are we going to actually get onto the same boat at the same time?

What's the plan for this weekend?

My Sunday is spoken for. Am avaialable for fun 'n games on Saturday, though. :D

That picture really accentuates my midget-ness, but it's a nice group shot. Thanks Kelly :)

Thank you sooo much for all the help this weekend Kevin! I really appreciate all the pointers and will keep working on it.

(P.S.- I was finally able to watch it. Give it up for Feathers :wink:)

"The sea was angry that day, my friends...."

Kevin and Alex took out a motley crew of air divers, nitrox divers and rebreather divers yesterday as storms and squalls suddenly hit and managed to keep his streak of unparalleled service anywhere alive! It's pretty wild to hear the rain coming down while you're underwater! There were groupers (well...one), eels, barracudas, fish (duh), and lots of lobsters!

Underneath, the water was pretty much as Kevin has been reporting...about 80-82 degrees and a thermoclime right along the reef, which hits you when you're trying to get close enough to line up that picture! Viz was about 40' or so, enough to see, but murky enough to be surprised by the aforementioned large grouper as it seemingly came out of nowhere. As far as I was concerned, having not dove since last April, it was paradise!

Here's a a few pix from yesterday, obviously taken by an amateur!

IMG_87992.JPG

Green Moray heading for his hiding spot.

IMG_8794.JPG

Strafed by a grouper! This guy seemed to be spooked and darted quickly between Kevin and me. This was the best I could get as my camera lag conspired against me.

IMG_8767.JPG

The master shows the student how to take a picture the right way.

IMG_8805.JPG

Hey! I DID get a picture of the camera shy BethO. Of course, maybe we don't want the office to know where you were yesterday!

IMG_8870.JPG

Kevin chases one of many bugs.

IMG_8871.JPG

The titanic struggle between man and lobster!

IMG_8918.JPG

Kevin 6 Lobsters 0

Rumor has it that the first person to post a report from yesterday gets a free dive trip, right, Kev?:wink:

Anyway, having now experienced the legend of Underwater Explorers, I can unequivocally add my voice to the hundreds, thousands, millions (ok, maybe not millions) of posters singing the praises of Kevin and his outfit.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom