Wreck Valley no more???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, we've had this name for sometime. It is, as others here, have noted for NY, NJ and PA, which by definition, IS Wreck Valley. But on our club site, we have people from all over the place, from Mass. to Tulum. But the vast majority of the divers are from PA, NJ and NY.

We are not going to rename our forum.

Why not just leave this forum alone and start a new one for those who do NOT dive Wreck Valley..........Bill

As one of the original NDI Clubs on this board, now coming up on our five year anniversary, we have always been known as Wreck Valley. Our original charter states our region as a 150 mile circle around the Statue of Liberty, which centers the 2,000+ shipwrecks located between Montauk, NY and Cape May, NJ. Hence the name.

If we were centered around Wreck Alley or lived in Death Valley, I would say those names would be appropriate. But since we are centered and committed to one of the greatest underwater resources in the world, Wreck Valley, I would choose NOT to change the name.

Some famous writer dude once wrote: What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet. :D
Well... There was a short period of time, as we were forming this club, that we were known as The Pink Panty Divers. :D

Well... There was a short period of time, as we were forming this club, that we were known as The Pink Panty Divers. :D

That's it!! I love that name!! Let's go for it.:rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The New York Bight has been known as Wreck Valley for more than 20 years. I belive it was named this by the old Aquarians Dive Club and then became more well known through the books called Wreck Valley and Wreck Valley II by Capt. Dan Berg. Tens of thousands of divers refer to this area as Wreck Valley.

The area known as Wreck Valley runs from Rhode Island down through Southern New Jersey with the concentration of shipwrecks in the New York - New Jersey area.

Let's leave the name alone.

Cheers

Well, it seems like sort of a tradition and I know that this name has been around for quite some time so maybe it is best to leave it alone and just have sub-categories under it.

Back
Top Bottom