Wreck Valley no more???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It has come to our attention (a few times) that the Wreck Valley name may no longer be appropriate for this forum.

So you, as the intrepid divers of Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York, have the challenge to come up with a new name that describes the kind of diving that you and also refers to your area (like Florida Conch Divers, California Kelp Divers, Kentucky Piranha Patrol, Great Lakes Wrecking Crew).

We're waiting to hear from you... :)

How about "Subway Divers"?
yeah I know, but it sounds cool :wink:

Like Subway Divers a lot.

Here are some suggestions:
Gotham Divers
Tri-State Metro Divers
Big Apple Divers
Metro Divers
Dirty Water Hot Dog Divers

A lot of the railway transportation here is underground. New Yorkers call it the Subway System. Funny thing is we also have overhead tracks as well referred to as the "El".

It is what it is. And what it is is Wreck Valley; 4000, 5000, 6000 or more wrecks along this fertile crescent. We intrepid divers of eastern PA, NJ and NY are proud and grateful for our good fortune to live and dive here. Don't change the name just for the sake of changing it. (You're not from the government are you?)

It has come to our attention (a few times) that the Wreck Valley name may no longer be appropriate for this forum.
It is what it is. And what it is is Wreck Valley; 4000, 5000, 6000 or more wrecks along this fertile crescent. We intrepid divers of eastern PA, NJ and NY are proud and grateful for our good fortune to live and dive here.
We're waiting to hear from you... :)
Well, when we hear that the name doesn't really fit the forum (repeatedly) we want to be sure that the users of this forum still agree with the current name...

Well Im not sure about the name but I can say that I feel Wreck Valley should no longer be the primary name as there are divers from all over the Tri-State area. People don't just dive the Jersey Coast. Maybe Tri-State Divers is appropriate. Perhaps the main forum category can be Tri-State Divers with a Wreck Valley sub-forum for divers in that specific area who always dive that area. If anyone can come up with a catchier name... please, I'm all ears, (or eyes in this case).

:popcorn:

Can I have some? Preferable without butter?

Some famous writer dude once wrote: What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet.

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom