Valuable Things Found While Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of fishing stuff, anchors and a polaroid camera so far. But the big one was a bag full of stolen lottery tickets. Scratched for hours... :wink: but it was kind of funny because i told the guy i was diving with that we'd find a bag of money that day. I looked down at him and saw a bag full of stuff that he was flipping through and almost had a heart attack. For a second there i though i had been correct in my premonition! Then i saw what it really was and still thought it was interesting. Gave it to some cops nearby, but it has been the most interesting, if not valuable thing we've found so far.

steve

Never!! :wink:

Only stuff that I "found" other than that was when we did the Avalon Bay cleanup earlier this year and a retrieved a part of a fiberglass dinghy (no Joewr, not you) and an empty bottle of Corona. Drats!

Well I found a sea lion tooth last weekend, and two golf balls a few months before that...

I saw someone mention they found a firearm once. Apart from the obvious danger that it could still be loaded (modern ammunition is surprisingly well sealed against moisture), such finds could be invaluable in criminal investigations - how often do we see police divers searching for dumped weapons in lakes and quarries. Common sense indicates such finds should be reported to authorities, as no doubt us general public divers will continue to find such items.

Check out the photo of an evidence recovery for the local S.O. in my profile section. Also found two wedding rings and my own watch lost the day before.
Best thing to do with firearms is to bring them up and unload if necessary. All DNA and print evidence is going to be of little value after being submerged more than a week.

Dave

Magnificent peace, quite and Mother Nature at her best!

Joewr...

Originally posted by joewr
Magnificent peace, quite and Mother Nature at her best!

Joewr...

You actually saw mother nature. Me I always dreamed of swimming with a whale shark, but actually seeing mother nature might be better. Did you get the GPS coordinates so I can start looking there as the ocean is a big place!

I found a mask that allowed me to spot mother nature

the most valuable is information strange how I find that on each and every dive.

Well I spent quite a bit of time practicing my freediving and snorkeling techniques while working towards my certification.

So I was in a lot of lakes in upstate New York.

Found a pipe for smoking pot (even had a screen in it and everything) I was sure that some kids were hanging out at "the jumping rock" smoking up and someone came along that startled them so they tossed the pipe into the water.

At another location: 1 pair boys underwear, 1 pair girls underwear, towel, 1 sneaker.

At another location: 14kt Gold necklace

Every single time I went out I found something and it only made me want to get certified and do some real diving that much faster!

Can't wait to do some diving off the beaches where people swim.

ST

I found some lead weights and a weight belt once but thats about it. I must say thought, that the tranqulity that is found underwater tops it all!!!!

NJDIver_34

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom