What's the craziest thing you ever found?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the speargun found in Kemp Channel south of the Overseas Highway?
It was so long ago that I have forgotten exactly where. It was probably in the Boynton Beach area. We went out of there regularly and occasionally Jupiter. I ended up giving it to a friend who was more into spearfishing in the Tampa area. My guess is that this was at least 15 years ago.

piece of a bathing suit from a guy who went missing. He was wearing a wetsuit..... a friend of mine found his gear earlier that day... never found the body..

Far from being the weirdest, but is the most recent. On a beach dive yesterday we recovered an anchor and chain. We only had a small SMB when fulling inflated barely lifted the long part (yeah, technical term). That was some work, heavy...
Shank.

Yeah, those can get pretty heavy. Last one I recovered was a nice one that currently sits on the bow pulpit on my boat. 22 lb stainless plow anchor with about 20' of chain. I hand carried that up my anchor line. At the surface, my BC fully inflated was not enough. I now bring a lift bag with me on the boat. If I find one that's worth recovering, I'll shoot an SMB to mark it and return.

My SAC on that anchor retrieval was by far the highest I've ever seen. 1.35 cu ft / min. Heart rate was up there as well. According to my Garmin, I burned 161 calories in 11 minutes.

Aunt Gertrude's ashes in a bag with a gold-colored label from the Shady Rest Funeral Home and Crematorium.

When doing pier clean ups, there are a lot of urns on the seafloor. Some still sealed. I found one one year, left it alone and continued with the clean up. Some diver found it, stuck it in the bucket to be hauled to the surface. Surface support recognized what it was and tossed it back. It just missed me by a couple feet..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom