Epcot Dive Quest discounts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I'm sure the money really does go to wildlife conservation. I used to (technically still am on their list as seasonal) work for Disney so I have some license to rag on them. :wink: I was impressed getting the tour back there. It seems like they're actually doing some good stuff. Wish I was a marine biologist major so I could get an internship there. That would be fun.

I think the full Disney price for Divequest now has gone up to $150. You can schedule diving at either time (as long as that later one isn't booked for a group dive). I like the later one personally. Usually aren't as many people. Both end in time to go out and see the fireworks. They say you need an Epcot ticket to stay after the dive is done but they don't really check. They just release you.

I Just called this morning, It is now up to $175 for a the week of May 17-23 2009

Thanks to all who posted discounts here. Mrs. DivingPanda has a conference in Orlando, so I just booked us for next month!

The current base price is still $175 pp plus tax = $193.10 pp.

PADI, NAUI, and SSI discounts are all 10%. The NAUI coupon was posted in another thread and is still here: NAUI Worldwide Corporate Alliances

I inquired about the AAA discount, but they said you have to be a Diamond Card holder. (In retrospect, I should have just said "why yes, I am!", but didn't.)

They did not require a cert number for the PADI discount. With the 10% discount, the total came down to $174.46 pp.

Incidentally, there are also some excellent recent trip reports here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/319550-dive-report-disney-epcot-divequest.html (Jan 16, 2010)
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/311324-dive-report-disney-dive-quest-nov-5-a.html (Nov 9, 2009)

I am in the process of booking a trip to Epcot to take my daughter diving in the Living Seas exibit. I understand that they offer discounts for AAA membership, PADI certification, SSI certification, etc. The only thing that I can verify is the SSI discount, which won't do us any good since we are PADI certified. I also found an "expired" discount coupon from PADI:shakehead:.
I am a AAA member, but the only Disney discounts that I can find there is a "room discount" with a multi-night stay.
Does anyone have any links to discounts that are currently avalible? Any other info would be appreciated.

I can't tell you about the the booking process but i just went last weekend and i have to say. It will be the best dive ever!!!

I can see if my buddy will post on here about the discounts and or anything else.

Parrot, put this post on the Lake Mary Dive Club forum, someone there has an in with someone at Disney and was able to get a good rate, but I think it was only if there was a decent sized group going.

I used to work for Disney and I would tend to agree that you aren't going to get it discounted by an easy means, probably only by group rates. AAA might get you something on your room. . . but really the best thing to do is call 407-WDW-TOUR or it might be WDW-PLAY for the type of activity and just tell them what you're trying to do, they'll help you out if they can.

You must really, really want to do this experience. If this is true, I'm not sure that all this finagling to save $20 or so is worth any effort. Go do it and have fun.
I was glad that I finally got to see Disney World last year, but the Living Seas was, ah, ok I guess if you were 1.) from northern Manitoba and most of your open water experience consisted of skating on large frozen lakes, 2.)watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel with a large tub of popcorn on your belly, OR 3.) you had kids at Epcot watching Daddy fight sharks.
From my limited point-of-view, Walt Disney would have to be reanimated in order to sign the check that the Disney Organization paid me to get into those tanks.
Please remember that this is my own POV. Other divers most assuredly ETSU.

Here's a tip, when making your reservation, mention you're a member of the "Disney Vacation Club". You'll get 15% discount.

They ask for no verification

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom