Hello, I'm looking for divers to take part in my dissertation project.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JoeFen

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, my name is Joseph, I am in my final year at the University of Chichester studying for a degree in Outdoor and Adventure Education. I am looking for qualified scuba divers to take part in my dissertation project by filling in a short form about decision-making.

I have created 5 scenarios that a dive guide might find themselves in and I am presenting these scenarios to qualified divers asking them to draw on their personal learning, diving conduct and past experiences, this will enable me to collect the data and insights that I need for my dissertation.

Being an avid diver myself (qualified dive master), I have a strong personal interest in this topic so I would greatly appreciate it if you could take some time to provide me with your unique insights and decision-making processes for each of the scenarios. From one scuba diver to another I also believe that many of you may also enjoy sharing your thoughts and it will not take long.

The whole process is anonymous with the only prerequisite being that the participants will need to have a form of ‘DIve Guide’ qualification, this is not limited to a specific organization (PADI, SSI, RAID etc). Any and all analysis is valuable and even if you don’t fill it out yourself, passing it on to someone that might will be greatly appreciated.

Find the form here or follow the QR code provided: https://forms.office.com/e/0VVSCNFht4

Update: I appreciate all of the feedback, I am still learning and all responces will be reviewed and taken into account when writing about all aspects of my research process within my dissertation. Thanks again.

Attachments

• QR Code for Diss form.PNG
    QR Code for Diss form.PNG
    204.2 KB · Views: 77
Done.. Submitted. Interesting.

Interesting, answers submitted. Quick feedback - I think some of the weather that you describe is on the extreme side, but maybe that's the point.

I am working on filling this out but there is a lot of information not stated in these scenarios that I would need to know in order to make an informed risk management decision.

nice job. good luck on your doctorate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom