Hi! I need your help with my research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blossomlyt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone! My name is Blossom, and I'm currently studying Global Sustainable Development in the UK.

As part of my studies in Global Sustainable Development at the University of Warwick, I'm conducting a research project on the “Impacts of environmental communications on the long-term adaptation of pro-environmental behaviours in Scuba Divers”. Scuba divers of all proficiency levels, aged 18 and above are invited to participate in this research study. The survey will take approximately 5 minutes, and seeks to gather comprehensive perspectives from the diving community.

Details of the research will be included in the link below, it should give you information about what this will involve, but please ask us if there is anything that is not clear or if you would like more information.

Your contribution is invaluable, and we sincerely thank you for participating in the study. Please note that, your insights play a crucial role in advancing our understanding on the relationship between environmental communications and pro-environmental behaviours.

Your participation matters! i'm hoping that this can offer new perspectives and strategies for promoting environmental awareness and pro-environmental behaviours within the scuba diving industry, which will potentially be applicable to a broader spectrum in society

Click the link below to learn more and contribute: https://qualtricsxmpqmylwlh7.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0TUBN7SM0FlxjAG

Done. My early training had nothing about climate change (etc) in it......it was long ago well before climate change (etc) was a thing.

Done. My early training had nothing about climate change (etc) in it......it was long ago well before climate change (etc) was a thing.
Thank you very much for your contribution:) Different varieties of responses are exactly what we want to see!

Hello everyone! My name is Blossom, and I'm currently studying Global Sustainable Development in the University of Warwick, UK.

As part of my studies in Global Sustainable Development, I'm conducting a research project on the “Impacts of environmental communications on the long-term adaptation of pro-environmental behaviours in Scuba Divers”. Scuba divers of all proficiency levels, aged 18 and above are invited to participate in this research study. The survey will take approximately 5 minutes, and seeks to gather comprehensive perspectives from the diving community.

Details of the research will be included in the link below, it should give you information about what this will involve, but please ask us if there is anything that is not clear or if you would like more information.

Your contribution is invaluable, and we sincerely thank you for participating in the study. Please note that, your insights play a crucial role in advancing our understanding on the relationship between environmental communications and pro-environmental behaviours.

Your participation matters! i'm hoping that this can offer new perspectives and strategies for promoting environmental awareness and pro-environmental behaviours within the scuba diving industry, which will potentially be applicable to a broader spectrum in society

Click the link below to learn more and contribute: https://qualtricsxmpqmylwlh7.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0TUBN7SM0FlxjAG

I also completed the survey. My initial training was with LA County in 1970. I recertified in 1997 under PADI. None of the items in part 1 of the survey were ever mentioned. I would be very interested if any of these topics are part of the curriculum today.

@blossomlyt Best of luck with the survey. I hope you will share results with us when available.

I also completed the survey. My initial training was with LA County in 1970. I recertified in 1997 under PADI. None of the items in part 1 of the survey were ever mentioned. I would be very interested if any of these topics are part of the curriculum today.

@blossomlyt Best of luck with the survey. I hope you will share results with us when available.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! It's great to see how far we've came in terms of environmental awareness.

To my understanding, most curriculums focuses primarily on in-water pro-environmental behaviours (e.g. staying streaming to prevent disruption to marine ecosystems/ don't touch any marine life), but many of the issues listed in section 1 are still not included.

Eventhough these topics are not included in the official curriculum, many teaching staffs are quite environmentally aware and would deliver certain information about the environment depending on their knowledge.

I got very lucky for my OW training, as my instructor spoke so passionately about marine ecosystems and conservation, that is actually one of the reasons why I decided to focus my studies on "sustainable development"! So these informal "environmental communications" definitely counts as well and are very significant (at least in my life).

I will for sure keep everyone updated on my research findings, maybe I would be able to share my paper here too if the results are significant enough!

Done.
While I have never heard of topics in section 1 during my training, which was not that long ago, some of the other questions are phrased in such a way that I seriously lack competency to give an informed answer, so you are getting my best guess.

Done.
While I have never heard of topics in section 1 during my training, which was not that long ago, some of the other questions are phrased in such a way that I seriously lack competency to give an informed answer, so you are getting my best guess.
Hiya! Thank you for your submission, I really appreciate it. Yes I should definitely prevent using technical terms in my future research, that's a really good call.

As a number of the early questions relate to what was taught on diving courses, I feel you need to ask how long ago the diver learnt to dive. Long time divers learnt to dive well before awareness of global warming/climate change/plastic pollution etc were talked about at any level.

Hello everyone! My name is Blossom, and I'm currently studying Global Sustainable Development in the University of Warwick, UK.
As part of my studies in Global Sustainable Development, I'm conducting a research project on the “Impacts of environmental communications on the long-term adaptation of pro-environmental behaviours in Scuba Divers”. Scuba divers of all proficiency levels, aged 18 and above are invited to participate in this research study. The survey will take approximately 5 minutes, and seeks to gather comprehensive perspectives from the diving community.

As a number of the early questions relate to what was taught on diving courses, I feel you need to ask how long ago the diver learnt to dive. Long time divers learnt to dive well before awareness of global warming/climate change/plastic pollution etc were talked about at any level.

Definitely! I think we should have added years of experience into the demographic. I'll see what i can do about the online survey! Really appreciate your contribution

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom