Which springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok time to sound like a noob. What is a hydrogen sulfide layer?

its a layer of smoke/cloud. that smells like sulfur and very poor visability. it also blocks most if not all the surface light.

Ok. So Kings spring is free and has no light restrictions? I can take my g/f mazda so gas wont be expensive. Aren't there other springs right around there also?

Kings spring and 3 sisters are accessable by boat only. Hydrogen Sulfide is a gas that gives off a "rotten egg" smell and when you pass through it in the water it appears as hazy, milky cloud. Kind of cool if you don't mind the smell.

well i guess there goes my free if i can only get there by boat. i would either have to rent a boat or drag mine down there i guess.

I will be going to Paradise on Sunday if you what to go I can cut down some of the cash flow be bring you some nitrox for you. Just let me know if you what to go :D

I would try to get a current review on King before heading there. I was there in early November and the water was completely murky and absolutely no flow from the spring was visible. The vis was zero. I saw others reporting similar conditions for quite some time so I'd check to see how it is now.

Three sisters is nice for snorkeling but there's no real reason to dive it. Its shallow and has no cavern whatsoever. The spring run is fun to play in but again most everything can be experienced on snorkel.

Miranda

I was there on the 29 of last month and it was great. The vis only gets bad when divers play on the bottom.

which is every weekend!

We went in after 2 huge classes got done and I could'nt even see my hand.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom