First post, signed for first class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belaflek

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.
My name is Patrick. I just signed up for PADI open water classes. I've been trying to find stuff to do with my free time (37, no wife, no kids) and remembered a time at my sisters wedding snorkeling in Cozumel. My brother and his wife are big fans of diving and I never really gave it much thought. When I hopped in the water, I didnt want to come out and the next day they went on a dive and I couldn't go. It's always been on the outskirts of my mind ever since. I was at work and had just gotten paid and somehow I came across a local place that still had their $100 off Christmas special up so I signed up after calling and making sure it was still good.
Now i am pretty pumped and mildly impatient. When I find something I want to learn I am voracious at research and trying to figure out as much as I can before starting. I like to cram my brain so I can be as prepared as possible. Being that its January my check dive at a quarry wont be til the spring so I get the feeling that after my pool dives ill be going back every weekend to the pool to practice.
My brother pointed me to this board as in my life I am a network admin and tend to spend alot of times on various forums so bbCode and html embeds are easy. I hope any questions I ask in the future are reasonable and relevant as well as helpful to other noobs who may be reading.

Hi Patrick,

Welcome on :sblogo:

Have FUN.:D

Aloha and welcome to SB, Patrick! I look forward to seeing you around :O)

Welcome and add more info. to your profile, such as general location and you can have possible dive buddies.

Welcome Patrick.....you'll soon find yourself addicted to the dive world and always looking forward to your next great destination! Happy diving!
Michelle

Ill admit. Im tremendously exited about it.
/edit - I updated some of the 411

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom