Just saying Hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narked_Muffin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hiya all!

Thought it was finally time to sign up for my own account as I seem to always find my way here anyway.

Every thought or question that comes to my mind and ends up in Google always brings me here where I often find my answers, which then leads me down the rabbit hole of reading pages and pages of information sometimes leading me well away from what my initial though was in the first place!

As of writing this post I am 27 years old and have been diving semi-regularily for 10 years now, just completed my 350th dive (I would have many more if I wasn't forced to take breaks after heart surgery... Which is all sorted out now thankfully and I have the OK from the doctors to continue diving) Done most of the courses that Padi provide and moved over to TDI a few years ago for my deco and full cave courses (among others, but they're the two that are worth mentioning)

I mostly dive just for fun but have a small amount of experience in both teaching and running a fill station.

After diving around the world I am currently settled in the sunny south of France where I spend most of my weekends crawling through the cave systems and wrecks around the coast and in the Pyrenees mountains (both wet and dry)

Anyway, I hope to get to know you all, help out wherever I can and perhaps make a few new dive buddies along the way!

Peace for now! And as one of the sales reps in my local dive shop told me when last buying weights: Happy sinking!

I just had to say I love the username! Someday I'd love to see the French caves, but FL and MX are a little easier for me to get to right now. Welcome!

I just had to say I love the username! Someday I'd love to see the French caves, but FL and MX are a little easier for me to get to right now. Welcome!
Hah!
Thanks, my friends started calling me Muffin a while ago and it just stuck, so of course I had to add a little something scuba to it 😁

The caves in France truly are something magical, if you're ever here you definitely have to visit the Lot region, the place is just riddled with caves! "Ressel" being the most well known.

Be wary of the "Source de Landenouse"
There's something evil about that place....
Every minute I've spent in that cave felt.... Off...

The "Font de Truffe" has got to be my favourite, purely by how out of place it is, I honestly thought it was a prank when my old TDI instructor brought me there as the entrance is just a muddy puddle at the side of the road, but sure enough there's a small crack you can just about wriggle through which opens into a magnificent wide open crystal clear cave 😃

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom