Reasonable transportation from Manila to Puerto Galera/Sabang

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I think I will have a great time in Sabang....I may come for a couple of days and stay for a week. It sounds like my kind of place. Is there anything else definitely I need to go do while in Philippines? I just found out about the whale sharks in Donsol, so already being in the Philippines and being that close I am going to make a special trip to Donsol just to do that.

I also plan to go whale shark snorkeling in Donsol and go to Pearl Farm Beach Resort in near Davao City on Samal Island. So I have a lot planned....

Have you ever been to Donsol or seen the whale sharks there?

Definately take the Bus! As has been said, a private car will be $$$$. Take the bus to Batangas Pier, and then take a Banka to Sabang.
One week?, stay in Puerto Galera/Sabang, a huge variety of diving for you. Rec., tech., deep, drift, nature, (over 600 spc. of nudibranchs in the Verde Is. passage), the shark cave, and more.
Donsol does have Whale Sharks, but only snorkling, no scuba. The best bet to get to Donsol, is a trip back to Manila then a short airflight to Donsol. You can get to Donsol by road but that is a 12-18 hour ride, the airplane is about 45 minutes. If you do go to Donsol, take a side trip to My Mayon, one of the most perfect cone volcano's in the world.
You're in for a great time.
You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines!
WARNIG: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING!

thanks.........h2odragon1

No I never made it to Donsol. When I was there there was major floodings in that area. Very hard to get there. And also, I was diving with a guy who just came from there and he didn,t see a single shark! For some reason, even though it was prime season, there wasn't a single whaleshark in the area. Some though it might be because of the rain... But in general I've heard whalesharks are a sure thing in donsol...

I'm sure there are tons of other things to do in the Philippines! But do you want to cut down your diving time? I didn't so I stuck with diving, even though there were lots of cool things I would have wanted to see... Apparently the island of Mindoro has a beautifull wildlife reserve with wild water buffalo. But hard to get to... Even Manila has beautifull sights I've heard... Get yourself the lonely planet and visit away! Only your time there and your $$ are the limits!

:coffee:

Yes, I think I will have a great time in Sabang....I may come for a couple of days and stay for a week. It sounds like my kind of place. Is there anything else definitely I need to go do while in Philippines? I just found out about the whale sharks in Donsol, so already being in the Philippines and being that close I am going to make a special trip to Donsol just to do that.

I also plan to go whale shark snorkeling in Donsol and go to Pearl Farm Beach Resort in near Davao City on Samal Island. So I have a lot planned....

Have you ever been to Donsol or seen the whale sharks there?

from the sound of things, between donsol, manila, Pearl Farm Beach Resort in near Davao City on Samal Island and Sabang..........that is all i will be doing........

cheers...... :)

I took a special bus-boat service to PG from the Swagman hotel in Manila. Leaves about 7:30 or so, gets to Sabang around 1:30. This was in 2005, not sure if this service still runs...only about $25 or so, better than a private transfer. Caution, the public bus is MUCH slower, and a rough ride.

I took a special bus-boat service to PG from the Swagman hotel in Manila. Leaves about 7:30 or so, gets to Sabang around 1:30. This was in 2005, not sure if this service still runs...only about $25 or so, better than a private transfer. Caution, the public bus is MUCH slower, and a rough ride.

yes, that is the most convenient way to do Sabang without putting a hole in your pocket. the trip back to manila just sucks though cause they want you on that boat at 8AM- and after a night of heavy drinking, 8AM is such an ungodly hour.

yes, that is the most convenient way to do Sabang without putting a hole in your pocket. the trip back to manila just sucks though cause they want you on that boat at 8AM- and after a night of heavy drinking, 8AM is such an ungodly hour.
even without heavy drinking 8am is an ungodly hour...

it's bad enough i have to wake up by 9am...

i miss the good ole days when i could sleep in and wake at the crack of noon...

Jag

I used Ferdie's service for a couple years now. Private van. Can't remember the prices. A few of us chipped in and got pretty drunk on the way to the port. Very reliable dudes.

+639053366869 mobile

Just got back from the Philippines, for 20 days, thanks everyone for your feedback.

Had a great time and plan to come back next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom