New KY Diver from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Dave you wasted your typing on that one. I got an email from Jen that she is no longer on the board. Not sure what happened.

I hate to see her leave. Jen if your keeping track - just stick around on the KPP. I'm sure the individuals you referred to last we spoke are not members inside the KPP.

Usually when I go outside this forum you never know what idiots you have to deal with!

SB is a harsh world at times, lord knows I've had my share of run ins......last one was a long time member you would think of as a level headed person by his posts, but, was a total a$$$O on a pm I sent him.

Usually when I go outside this forum you never know what idiots you have to deal with!

That's the internet as a whole. I've made some very good friends that I first met online. I've also seen a lot of people that act like a$$holes online. I think that a lot of people are braver when facing a keyboard than a person. IMO, those are the cowards of course some are just plain A-holes all of the time.

You are so wright Bob. Only, my other hobby "computers," the forums are pretty civil. I can't think of anyone going under personal attacks for the browser they prefer to use....heated debates but on a civil level without being insulting or including personal attacks.

I wonder about some of the jerks on this board at times, "Do they have a life outside of scuba diving or do they get consumed in their bigoted opinions living their entire life arguing on a damned internet forum?" Let's just get together and go out for some fun.

The nice thing about the KPP, we KNOW the BS is in good fun and should NOT be taken serious. Jen, come on back home, without you who would (TM#1) Wally harass???

Hope to dive with you this year Bob!

Last edited:
Hi Scuba John!
First, I can't believe, as a diver, you'd give up Florida! I'm in N. Indiana and stuggle to get to the Florida shorelines at least once a year- Usually the Keys. Gilboa in OH would be a little drive- is is for me also but a decent quarry to dive in. You can check them out at: divegilboa dot com. Just to give you a heads up, they are also planning to break the Guiness record this July for most submerged divers at one time. The last record was set in the indian ocean about 2 years ago, I believe @ 977 divers. I have a little motel info if you'd be interested for the dates of the Guiness dive.

I got an email from Jen that she is no longer on the board. Not sure what happened.

Jen's not on any more?!?:shocked2: What a sad day.:depressed:

Yes this board can get quite rough & I'll be honest, I've gotten fired up a few times. Unfortunately people tend to make too many assumptions. I've been called everything from a dangerous diver to I should have never been certified as an instructor. I know where my skills are & am comfortable with the. Knowing my instructor If I didn't have what it takes, he wouldn't have certified me where I am. I'm not afraid to admit I'm not perfect. In fact I believe it takes more kahunas to admit a mistake or that you're just not on top of your game on a particular day. It happens. I just do my best & keep going on. That's all anyone can do. Anyway off my soap box....:shakehead:

Hope Jen comes back, I don't wanna be the only female here..... They'll probably start pick on me now

You are so wright Bob. Only, my other hobby "computers," the forums are pretty civil. I can't think of anyone going under personal attacks for the browser they prefer to use....heated debates but on a civil level without being insulting or including personal attacks.

I wonder about some of the jerks on this board at times, "Do they have a life outside of scuba diving or do they get consumed in their bigoted opinions living their entire life arguing on a damned internet forum?" Let's just get together and go out for some fun.

The nice thing about the KPP, we KNOW the BS is in good fun and should NOT be taken serious. Jen, come on back home, without you who would (TM#1) Wally harass???

Hope to dive with you this year Bob!

What the hell are you talking about you dumb a$$!! I suppose you are using IE for your browser. You are going to get a virus and give it to every one on here. Everybody knows that Microsoft sucks! Don't make me come down there and kick you $(%* a$$! :D

BTW, when is someone up for a dive?? I've got to get wet now that my cold is over and my dad is settled back in to a "normal" life.

IE6 and Opera you jerk, you want a piece of me?!?! Bring it on! IE6 due to compatability issues with work apps.

Seriously, I just updated my att home page and it killed my bellsouth account, how screwed up is this??? Now I have to update all my internet accounts with the new addy, what a pain in the arse.........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom