Hidden World skycycle and Isla Mujeres diving or snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

habarisc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone done the skycycle/ snorkeling trip?Was it worth it?
Also will I be disappointed diving in Isla after diving Cozumel the week before.
Is diving worth it in IslaMujeres or can you see just as much snorkeling?
Also ideas for things to do in Isla. :)

Isla Mujeres .info Q&A Message Board List
Look all over the above site for Isla info. Diving there is good, but much different than Coz. Most dives are in 50-60 ft water, good vis, no walls, but I have seen more fish life on a dive there than any dive in Coz. More laid back on the island, much like Coz was in the '80's. You can vacation there cheaply. Many times it is easy to get a cheap flight to Cancun, too. Whale Shark snorkeling trips are in June & July.

In January, we did a catamaran/snorkeling trip to Isla Mujeres with Albatross in Cancun. The snorkeling was rotten - way too many people thrashing around in too small an area. My husband, the non-diver, thought it was okay, but now that I dive, I can't stand that sort of thing. The rest of the day was awesome. It was a great sailing trip, the beach in Isla Mujeres was wonderful, the lunch buffet was great, and the spinaker jumping was really funny. I would definitely recommend this as a great family outing but not a fanastic thing if you are a hard core snorkeler. If you are staying in Isla, there will be many more options, but if you are looking for a day trip from the mainland, this was a very good one. Have a great vacation!!!!

Diving in Isla, or Cancun area, does not have the walls, coral that Coz does. BUT, you dive more a less at 50-60 feet & I have never seen so many fish, & other critters in Coz, as I always see in Isla/Cancun sites.
Staying on Isla & going to their dive/snorkel sites are very enjoyable. The Catamaran & other Cancun tour boats can come when the beach & snorkeling areas are too crowded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom