Miflex Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firemedic8082

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a Zeagle FH6 that I looking to switch to Miflex hoses. Looking for input from current users of these hoses about lengths to go with, I'm looking to bungee the octo. Thanks in advance.

I have a Zeagle FH6 that I looking to switch to Miflex hoses. Looking for input from current users of these hoses about lengths to go with, I'm looking to bungee the octo. Thanks in advance.

Are you planning on converting to a "Hogarthian"-type hose setup, using Miflex hoses? In other words, 5' or 7' primary hose to donate in an OOA situation, and 22" backup hose? Or a variation of that?

Hose length is really a personal preference type of thing (unless diving a strict Hogarthian or DIR configuration).

With my single tank BP/W rig I'm currently using a 5' Miflex hose for the primary, and a 28" "normal" hose for the bungied backup. I could have gone a bit shorter with the secondary hose, but had thought that 22" might be too short for me. I'm happy with this setup for the type of diving I do. I'm a tall guy (6'5"), and normally a 5' with traditional long hose routing would be too short, but with the Miflex it works fine because the Miflex will tolerate tighter bends without trying to pull the reg out of your mouth.

Some use 40" as the primary with a bungied backup. A 40" gets routed under the right arm, and you generally add a 90 degree elbow fitting to the 2nd stage to aid in routing. The 5' or 7' hoses also route under the right arm, across the chest and behind the neck; the 7' will have extra length that either needs to be tucked into a waist strap or routed beneath a cannister light, pocket or knife on the right hip to hold it in place close to the body.

I guess the first decision is whether you are switching to a "long hose" configuration, then the other choices will fall into place.

Best wishes.

I use the 22" Miflex for the secondary on my single tank rig(Aqualung Legend) and the 24" for my doubles(FH6) with a 7' primary on both.

The Miflex hoses are wonderful. I converted on my primary and octo regulator and replaced with the same length hoses: 30" for primary and 36 for octo. I use the traditional system rather than DIR, but did borrow one idea from DIR: bungied my primary so never have to fish for it.

I color coded my hoses: blue for primary and yellow for octo, and removed the hose protectors.

Early next month the HP Miflex hose is coming out and I plan to convert that as well.

Adam

I use a 7ft Miflex hose on my primary and really like it. My back up is still on a rubber hose but I'm thinking of changing it out. You should be happy with one.

I use the 22" Miflex hose on my alternate, and find it works fine in both single and doubles configurations. If you think you might want a bit more room, go for the 24" hose. Same price.

Here's where I got mine. Good price, free shipping.

MIFLEX Regulator hoses at www.DiveSeekers.com 1-888-SCUBA-47

Those that use a 7' on their primary for a single tank rig, is it too much?
I want the primary hose to be yellow but 5' only comes in black.

7' hose on the single tank rig routes and dives exactly like it does on the double tank set-up, which is why I have them both the same. If you don't have a can light to tuck it under, just stuff it down the waist strap.

Those that use a 7' on their primary for a single tank rig, is it too much?

No. Why would it be "too much" on a single tank?

Caution.Sherwood first stage, especially sr1 takes a special hose. WHY, I don't know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom