Diving work holiday? Where is the best diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aimon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Guys,

I know this is a rather subjective question so let me qualify it for you. My partner and I have the oppurtunity to travel and work in the Phillipines so i want to base myself around a dive site with

> lots of soft coral
> really colourful fish
> diverse species (i REALLY want to see a whale shark)
> enough diversity to fulfill about 16 dives.

The site would not be too out of the way as i need WIFI to work some days of the week?

I heard Aniloa was nice. Any experience? Any thoughts?

Subjective, yes

Check out Cebu, Boracay & Puerto Galera

Whale sharks only appear at certain times of year in certain locations eg Donsol Feb - Mar

Bohol and Anilao would be your spots.

yup anilao would be it... 16 dives only? you'll need a lot more to get your fill of anilao...

except for the whaleshark... recent sightings but it's not yet a predictable haunt the way you'd have in donsol, and south leyte... but otherwise all of the above

Jag

anilao is the closest to Manila and a great place to dive. [-]But no wifi.[/-] I would forego the wifi to dive anilao (16 dives can be done in 4-5 days).

You can also go to Subic for wreck diving. There's wifi there.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom